Thursday 18 September 2008

District Nurse Daily Visits

Obviously the care doesnt stop once your home. I had daily visits from the district nurses. These nurses were a credit to their profession. They came to check on my recovery, change my dressings, do blood tests and time permitting, have a good chin wag. My wound was still leaking alot and I still had MRSA so this all had to be kept a close eye on. My weight loss was also cause for concern as I had pressure sores on my lower back. The nurses arranged for me to have a special single mattress which would help these sores and make me more comfortable. I didnt find it really comfortable as it was quite hard, plus I slept what seemed 6 feet above my partner which was quite strange. I do remember when I first got it that I woke up, forgot how high up I was from the floor and tumbled to the carpet with a thud! That woke me up quite quickly !

No comments: