Thursday 18 September 2008

Living with an Ileostomy

Well, I am now 4 weeks post op and to be honest with you I am not getting along with my Ileostomy. It requires much more of my attention through the day as it is constantly producing. I also really do not like the look of it. My colostomy stoma was like a squashed strawberry but this.....well it sticks out and looks like a little willy! I am glad that I only have it till January 09. I haven't called it anything nor built any bond so far. It is necessary to have though so I should find some positivity in it really.

I am healing very well, my scars are doing fine and my Haematoma has really gone down which is all good news. However, I feel totally shattered most of the time. I lack energy and have a 'can't be bothered' attitude at times which really isn't like me. I think it is due to the fact that I have been in this state really since April and I am so close to my last op that frustration, anger, emotion etc is all heightened.

I remain positive, I continue to smile through but I am only human, not a super human so things do take their toll.

No comments: